Sunday 13 July 2008

Fishing For My Magic Hundred!

Well we've begun the Magic Hundred journey - although the list hasn't been fully written yet and we've not actually read the whole book (as you have to do the tasks at each stage before moving on) the Magic has started! It even took us to a castle on a hill for a gorgeous Lebanese meal on our first night in Cornwall, completely randomly!

One of the things on my list was to learn to fish. We go to Ireland all the time and every time we go I say 'one day we should...' and that is the exact phrase the Magic Hundred wants you to get rid of! It's so powerful, too - every time I catch myself doing that I now switch my thinking and decide to 'just do it' instead! So we bought a fishing rod and all the accoutrements, walked to the end of the beach, clambered over the rocks to find a potentially suitable spot, cast the line and within a second the line had got completely tangled and we lost the float and hooks! We spent about half an hour untangling the line, then clambered back to the van and bought our dinner instead - gutted (or not, in this case...)

Day 2 was far more successful - off the pier in St Ives. I learnt how to cast, but that was about it. I'm blaming the huge seal that was lurking around, scaring all the fish!
So I've got about 97 days left and need to catch 20 fish to meet my goal! Luckily the last week of the Hundred Days we'll be in Ireland so if I don't manage it by then, we'll be in a perfect place for it... Think of all those omega 3s....

No comments: